Friday, July 14, 2006

It wasn't me ma'am...

Mop was somehow convinced that his fiasco of a date (with that weird girl, who if you ask me deserved it) had angered the planets. He was in constant fear of their wrath. So much that he would stick to us like gum. I didn't mind, what are friends for after all.(And the "will-give-u-a chocolate-if-u-accompany-me" deal was too good to lose)......

My granny used to tell me that long ago, when all humans were happily asleep and the world was in bliss, demons descended to the earth, got plastic surgery done and settled as humans(she used to say “transformed with a whoosh” but this is realistic). She used to point at my grandpa as an example.

There was one such demon in my class. It was a she-demon. It's favorite pastime was being a complaint box. Like the other day....

Teacher: (not-again expression) Who broke my chair??
Everyone:umm..uhh...umm..uhhh
Teacher: (god-save-me expression) WWWho broke my chair?
Everyone:umm..uhh..ummm...uhh
Demon: (squeaking) I know ma'am..

Teacher: (finally-a-witness expression) who, who is it? Don't fear my child..tell me
Demon: (squeaking) Its that thin thin thin fellow beside Mop..

(Now, it was not like I was a flagpole or something, I was just slim; skinny to be closer to truth)
Teacher: grrrrrrrrrrrr...
Me: (to teacher)it wasn't me ma'am
(to mop at the same time) Mop, the time to prove your friendship has come....

Demon: he's lying
Mop:(confused)....
Me; It was Mop ma'am.
Teacher:(shouting like she did when she sat on the broken chair) MOPPPPPP !@##
Mop:(very confused)uumm.uhhh
Demon: he's lying
Me: Mop remember, A friend in need is a..Mop remember remember
Mop:(very much confused)
Teacher: excitedly shouting about the next parent teacher conference (ufff..i hate those)
Me: (shouting in Mop's ear)MOOPPPPP..a friend in need, a friend in need...
Demon: he's lying
Mop:(too much pressure on his brain)Ma'am ..ummm...I..I'll tell a story.

Teacher:(cautious now) what??
Mop: (goes into a trance)like.., there was this cute boy and girl..

Me:(hissing in Mop's ear) shut up: please shut up: pleeeeeeeez.
Demon: he's lying.
Mop: (still in trance)they go on this date and are eating eating

Me:(still hissing) shut up or I wont give you company..
Mop(comes out of trance and shuts up)

Me: (exhausted)well, okay It was me...

Teacher:(her fingers trembling with excitement) call your parents!..
Demon:(jumping)boo boo
Me:(to myself) every dog has its day. I'll get you demon, I'll get you someday...

The parent-teacher conference happened. I was able to convince my dad that I was interested in carpentry. I was kicked around a lot for wanting to be a carpenter.

3 comments:

SUBRAHMANYA SAS3 G said...

Awesome...awaiting your next post....you have a fan already...

Satish said...

mama, I cant wait any longer for ur next post.
U need to reveal a lot more stories man.
Ultimate post there!!!
And Here is ur second fan!!

Abhay said...

n1...Mop and his classical antics.....real fun to read